Allows access to lease Marriott Web Space. Requires a Marriot Enterprise ID (aka EID) and password. The page is designed for Marriott International, Inc. employees only.
Marriott International, Inc?
- World wide hotel company
- Founded in 1927 and trades on the NASDAQ exchange
- Maryland based with headquarters at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD 20817
- Caters to families making $60,000 to $200,000 a year in annual income
- Hotels can be found under the Ritz-Carlton Residences, Marriott Vacation Club, and the Grand Residences by Marriott name
- Has more than 4000 hotels/resorts world wide
Marriott was actually (believe it nor not) founded as a good, old fashion root beer stand my husband and wife John Willard Marriott and Alice Sheets Marriott. The stand was wildly successful with politicians and ordinary folk alike in the hot summer months in Washington DC. Eventually John Willard Marriott and Alice Sheets Marriott saved up enough money to parlay the root beer stand business into a chain of restaurants and hotels.
Marriott Corporate Profile
- CEO: Mr. Arne M. Sorenson AGE 56 | Mr. Carl T. Berquist CFO AGE 63 | Chairman of the board: Mr. John Willard Marriott Jr., AGE 83
- Stock ticker: MAR
- Revenues: Over $12 billion
- Employees 200,000
Marriott is positioned well for future success in the lodging industry but needs to keep careful tabs on fellow lodging competitors Hilton & Intercontinental Hotels Group plc.